Saturday, March 31, 2007

Fighting Inertia

I have a little fear that when I get myself started on this blog it will run amok. Imagine a massive boulder resting peacefully at the top of an moderate incline, then someone comes along and gives it a little push. Nothing drastic. Just enough to knock it out of its complacency, and it will start rolling; slowly at first, then ever faster, running away with its growing momentum.

That sounds a lot like how I do all my other projects. Don't know how to start, don't know how to quit.

Since everyday life is, after all, an on-going project, it would be impractical to start at the beginning. I wish I had started in January of this year, but tomorrow it will be April already. How appropriate--I get to begin with April Fool's Day!

(Have you noticed what I'm doing? I can't seem to get started writing, but I'm doing a fine job of writing about how I can't start writing.)

Tomorrow, dear Scarlett, is another day. I'm going to pull an April Fool stunt tomorrow - one day early! I'll let you know how it turns out.

No comments:

Post a Comment