Sunday, May 31, 2009

This is my belated post from end of May 2009

May 29 - Dallas, TX. 7:30 pm, Legacy Books, 7300 Dallas Parkway, Suite A120. Plano, TX 75024:

I went to see the Yarn Harlot again!
I know, I know. You're thinking, why would you want to go when you've seen her before? What more could she have to say about knitting?
First of all, I'm really glad I went. It was a fun and relaxing getaway. Four of us - the Tuesday Night Knitters core group - were originally planning to go. Anita and Polly couldn't make it, so it was only Judy and I who ultimately made the trip.
We each packed up plenty of knitting and a change of clothes, I transferred my GPS locator from my car to hers, and we took off. 
The weather was decent and the drive was mostly uneventful, except for when we made a pit stop in Marietta and when we returned to the car it was deader than the proverbial doornail. Judy looked under the hood while I perused the owner's manual looking for some kind of safety switch override. Then we decided to wiggle the battery cables and one came off in my hand! We had no tools, so we fell back on acting helpless and charming. Two nice young construction workers with a small pair of pliers and a huge Crescent wrench were able to tighten up the cable terminal for us, and we were off again.
Our favorite Harlot was, as usual, both hilarious and educational. I was intrigued with the Theta brain wave theory that she explained to us. Let us go nowhere without our Emergency Knitting!

No comments:

Post a Comment